Monday, July 5

Neon Trees Got Me Going Purple...



I'm about to burst into something crazy, folks, and there's going to be splattered Athia all over the counter-tops.

It's a new day and I've got a new dream---making me bundle inside with the type of nervous energy the besties scoff at. I can't sleep because I'm too excited over the possibilities of what could happen if I let life take me there. I know optimism isn't sexy, but it's here. Present and waiting for me to unfurl my fingertips.

Alas, I'm getting ahead of myself. This isn't exactly a new dream. Just...a renewed mini-dream; a side project, if you will. I'm going to make kick ass music. But in order to do that, I need to find my musical soul mates. And learn an instrument that's a bit more hardcore than level five violin-ing. Singing is useless if you can't even accompany yourself.

For some reason, I have it in my head that in order to do this, I need to go to Columbia for grad. school. Forget that Columbia was the dream before SLC, before writing, before literary criticism, before Foucault, sex, and cynicism. Columbia is where I'm going to find my band mates. I just know it.


I told this to Green Eyed Bestie the other day. She laughed.


I'm not ridiculous. Promise.


-Cheers!

No comments: