Tuesday, June 8

Shiver Me Timbers...


I think the thing I'm looking forward to most on my birthday is massive consumption of sugar. It's been three weeks since I've had anything but the natural sugars found in fruits. I even drink my coffee black and tea raw nowadays.

I'm only partly joking. I really haven't had any sugar in three weeks, but it's not that big of a deal...ish.


I am not ashamed of my major. I have never been even though it takes me a full fifteen minutes to explain to people what it is exactly that I'm studying (and I still get those 'are you shitting me?' looks). Granted, it hurts when my parents say that I've given up on my life, that all the effort and money they put into my education has been a waste. However, I've always managed to let it slide. After all, I know that what I'm studying isn't an easier path. It's just a different one. Humanities, philosophy, literature---it's not a joke. They aren't easy courses. Hell, two of my classes last semester were 4000 level courses and they were tough shit.


Doctors and engineers have their power in immediacy or in the tangibility of the variables they can empirically measure. But words start revolutions.


-Cheers!

P.S. So, it's kind of weird that I have three full length evening gowns in my closet. Does it help that I got them on sale? Well, one of them was on sale, at least.

No comments: