Monday, February 2

Transcend, Bitch...


Billy Collins can undress Emily Dickinson as much as he wants---I just hope he realizes that someday a crazed fan girl is going to return the favor.

Hahaha. Just kidding. That would be really gross.

I should be reading Foucault. I should be wearing my hijab. I should be getting over him. I should be grown up.

But I'm not. I'm happily procrastinating, happily redefining myself, happily in the friend zone, happily a child.

Your negativity isn't going to get to me. I won't allow you to lord over me simply because you are miserable.

Take your bullshit to a Hufflepuff--- I know plenty of people who are more than willing to oblige. I'm just not one of them anymore.

"Stand up for yourself dammit! Know what you want and take it."

"I can't. I just…I can't."

"If you can't fight for it, you don't deserve it."

"I really don't."

"Fuck! You've been conditioned all your life to think you're worthless, but you're not! For once, just love yourself."

"Self-loathing builds strong walls."

"Then burn the walls to the ground. Love yourself more---more that your parents, more than the divine, more than your friends. You are worthy of love, especially your own."

"Am, I? It's hard to believe…"

"Yes. Yes, you are. Please believe me."

If anything, know that I'm here, in the same place, and am learning to love myself more----because it gets to a point where you just have to.

I am wonderful, lalalala
I am a demigoddess divine, lalalala
I am delusional and absurd, lalalala
I am a work in progress, lalalala

-Cheers!

No comments: