Saturday, October 11

Just Going...




For the past couple of weeks I’ve been avoiding the news. I figured, the less I hear about the economic crisis, the less likely I am to run around in the nude screaming ‘the end is near!’

We don’t have investments in the stock market anymore---my dad decided to pull out when he saw the drop coming. But we do have a home and cars, and I sure as hell hope it stays that way.

I don’t fancy the idea of living out of my car.



I have not been a rabid liberal, I square.

In all honest, I haven’t been all too keen on political debates for some time----unless of course, it is to set some wayward conservative straight about the fuck-tard that is Sarah Palin( the woman---I use the word lightly---made rape victims of her town pay for their own rape kits. I wouldn’t need to know anything else about her to know that she’s pure evil in stiletto heels).


I’m slightly disappointed that Billy Collins’ idea of inspiration is two words followed by an astounding TWO exclamation points; though I’m pretty excited that I have his autograph, I’m not going to lie. ^^



I don’t seem to enjoy the things I use to, like writing and talking politics and baking and knitting and being with my friends.

It’s as though I’ve taken my final steps into being resident recluse; yet I’ve left behind the parts of me that enable happiness.


Have I sacrificed my happiness for sanity?

Well, it wouldn’t be the first time.



Apparently, my sister feels as though she lives behind my shadow. I would never guess that anyone---let alone a member of my family---would consider me accomplished enough to devastate their young and fragile existence.

Personally, I think she’s just pissed that people tend to like me more than her. It’s not a surprise, considering she’s more abrasive and rude and bossy than I am. Plus she only has one eyebrow and that tends to scare kids.

Alright, that last bit isn’t true; not that she doesn’t have a uni-brow, just that it doesn’t frighten children.

Well, that’s all for now folks.

-Cheers!

P.S. Sarah Palin ruined Alaska for me.

No comments: